Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reading Log

In some of my spare time here in Kentucky, I have been able to read for pleasure for the first time in several years. The books I have read are as follows (I list them here because I highly recommend each and every one to all of you):

The Latin Mass Explained, Fr. Moorman

Living and Loving the Mass, Fr. Thomas Kocik

The Sacrament of Charity, Pope Benedict XVI

The Spirit of the Liturgy, Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI)

The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis

The Weight of Glory, C.S. Lewis

The Man Who Was Thursday, G.K. Chesterton

The Habit: A History of the Clothing of Roman Catholic Nuns, Elizabeth Kuhns

The Essential Pope Benedict: His Central Writings and Teachings, John F. Thornton and Susan B. Varenne (Ed.)

I particularly recommend The Spirit of the Liturgy, one of the most stunning books I have ever had occassion to read, and an absolute must for anyone serious about their Catholic faith.

No comments: